Lonnie Davis, MD
University of Virginia
Internship & Residency
American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
Special Procedures & Techniques
Sports Medicine, Hip Arthroscopy, General Orthopaedics
Dr. Davis performs many general orthopaedic procedures but he has special interest in care of patients with active lifestyles. He is particularly skilled in arthroscopic surgery of the shoulder, elbow, hip, knee and ankle. Restoration of normal function is achieved through both non-surgical and surgical treatment options. He strives to thoroughly educate patients with regards to their condition, treatment and goals.
Dr. Davis has authored several papers and book chapters on sports related injuries. He has also presented at local and national meetings. Dr. Davis is Board Certified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery. He is a fellow of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons and a candidate member of the American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine.
Dr. Davis has held a lifelong interest in sports. He was a standout student-athlete while playing high school football, track and field as well as basketball in Indiana. He went on to compete on both the football and track and field teams at Cornell University.
Dr. Davis continues to maintain an active lifestyle. His more recent notable accomplishments include completing the New York City marathon as well as the Indianapolis 500 half marathon.
Dr. Davis has participated in many charity events including a medical mission throughout India.
Dr. Davis' certifications and memberships:
- Board Certified in Orthopaedic Surgery by American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Active Fellow, American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Active member, Medical Society of Virginia
- Team Physician for McLean High School
- Board Certified in Orthopaedic Sports Medicine by American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Active, Virginia Orthopaedic Society
- Member, Board of Directors, Northern Virginia Surgery Center - 2014-2016
- Member, Board of Directors, Advanced Surgery Center Bethesda - 2016-present
For more information on Dr. Davis please visit his website www.lonniedavismd.com